Most people in America love Pitbull terriers. They are quite popular. But have you ever heard of blue nose pitbulls?
For the first time listeners, many dog lovers get attracted towards these rare dogs.
In this article, you are going to learn about 27 amazing and unknown facts about the blue nose pitbulls.
- 1. Blue nose pit bull aren't any type of breed
- 2. They have a blue nose due to genetic issue
- 3. Bluenose pitbull aren't dangerous dog
- 4. They don't make the best guard or watchdogs
- 5. They can be jumper.
- 6. They aren't too friendly to other dog.
- 7. They don't always have a blue nose.
- 8. They were originally bred to compete in blood sports.
- 9. Puppies of blue nose pitbulls don't necessarily have a blue nose.
- 10. They are easy to train.
- 11. They are smart and strong.
- 12. They are great with children.
- 13. Blue nose pitbull are affectionate.
- 14. They are active, athletic and very healthy dogs.
- 15. People misunderstand them.
- 16. They are loyal and intelligent.
- 17. Blue nose pitbulls live longer with a good health condition.
- 18. They are highly emotional.
- 19. Grooming a blue nose pitbull is easy but they are prone to skin problems.
- 20. Bluenose pitbull need a diet heavy in protein.
- 21. Bluenose pitbulls can grow up to (21 inches) tall.
- 22. Some breeder claim that they are unique breeds.
- 23. There are genetic condition that affects them.
- 24. They play with toys.
- 25. They may or may not be gray.
- 26. You can socialize a blue nose pitbull.
- 27. Bluenose pitbull are prone to some of these disease or health issues.
1. Blue nose pit bull aren’t any type of breed
If by chance someone told you that a blue nose pitbull is a certain kind of dog breed, they are either telling you a lie or don’t know much themselves.
Blue nose pitbull are just a type of pitbull which happened to get a blue nose due to a genetic issue.
Fun fact: Although blue nose pitbulls give birth to puppies with blue noses too, that rarely happens when two blue nose pitbulls breed.
2. They have a blue nose due to genetic issue
Bleu nose in pitbulls occurs due to a genetic issue. This genetic issue is brought due to a black color cervix opening in their skin.
As a result of this opening the pigment changes and their nose will turn a slight bluish gray color.
But there is a drawback to their genetic issue. It causes health issues in the blue Jose pitbulls. Thier immune system gets weakened.
3. Bluenose pitbull aren’t dangerous dog
Bluenose pitbull is a very loving dog. They are never intentionally aggressive and hurtful.
Those pitbull which are not properly socialized and mistreated can be dangerous.
This is because of the poor and abusive treatment put toward them.
4. They don’t make the best guard or watchdogs
You might get disappointed to hear this, but blue nose pitbulls don’t make the perfect watch dogs or guard dogs. You might prefer German SShepherdz instead.
Blue nose pitbulls rarely bark.
Naturally, they love people and always want to play with them.
5. They can be jumper.
Blue nose pitbulls are the type of dogs which are naturally jumpers. They can jump upto 4 to 5 feets the air.
However, they can become even better at jumping by playing certain games like:
- Grabbing something
- Exercises and running
6. They aren’t too friendly to other dog.
Don’t choose blue nose pitbulls if you have another dog at home.
They aren’t too friendly to any other dogs around. They might even start a fight.
Other pet and dog are prime targets of the blue nose pitbulls.
7. They don’t always have a blue nose.
Most of the times, pitbulls aren’t going to have a blue nose. And sometimes, you will find pitbulls with even red noses or partial blue nose.
Many a times we have seen the blue color on noses change to some other color. No one can say for sure how that happens or when.
8. They were originally bred to compete in blood sports.
You already know how loving these pitbulls can be. But isn’t it surprising to hear that they were originally bred to compete in a cruel fight called blood sports?
In this game, the pitbulls had to go against bulls by biting them.
9. Puppies of blue nose pitbulls don’t necessarily have a blue nose.
The blue colouring on their nose is a recessive gene. It means that if two blue nose pitbulls were to breed, they’d probably give birth to a pitbull puppy with blue nose.
However, that isn’t the case always. Their puppies may not have blue noses.
But there is a chance that a puppy is going to have a blue nose, if it’s grandfather had one.
10. They are easy to train.
The blue nose pitbulls have some bad habits. They sometimes knock over your guests.
That’s why you need to teach them to mind their strength properly.
But, do not worry. To tell you the truth, these pitbulls are one of the easiest dogs to train in the world.
11. They are smart and strong.
Blue nose pitbulls are highly strong. They do need to learn how to control their power, strength and energy.
For that reason, you need to train. The fun fact here is that the blue nose pitbulls are highly intelligent, clever and smart dogs.
12. They are great with children.
These pitbulls are great to have kids with. With a little but of training, they will learn to stay and play with your kids.
Blue nose pitbull known are also as babysitter dogs. For over 100 years they were known as the ”nanny dogs”.
13. Blue nose pitbull are affectionate.
Blue nose pitbulls are very affectionate. And this is what we love the most about them.
They are also thought to be one of the most loving dogs on earth.
However, you should keep in mind that they can be overly affectionate some times. It might hurt your kids.
14. They are active, athletic and very healthy dogs.
The bluenose pitbull loves to be active. In fact they can go all day doing active stuff like playing, running and so on. They love to run.
They are very athletic due to their muscular build.
Although they are supposed to be healthy dogs, they may suffer from a few health issues sometimes.
Your blue nose pitbull won’t get overweight as they are highly active.
15. People misunderstand them.
Many people think that these dogs are violent dogs.
They aren’t violent. They just like playing and being with us humans.
However, in reality, these dogs are so energetic, active and playful that makes them one of the best pet dogs.
16. They are loyal and intelligent.
Although pitbulls don’t make a good watchdog, they are extremely loyal to their human houses.
Pitbulls enjoy learning new things.
17. Blue nose pitbulls live longer with a good health condition.
Bluenose pit bulls have a lifespan closer to their small or medium-sized companions (8 to 15 years). However, their lifespan can be increased with a proper health condition.
18. They are highly emotional.
Bluenose Pitbulls can read your emotions and hence are super intuitive.
19. Grooming a blue nose pitbull is easy but they are prone to skin problems.
The blue nose pitbull has a silky short coat that’s often sliver, and it is both a blessing and a curse.
You need to take better care of bluenose pit bulls.
- Brush them regularly: It removes all the dirt and harmful particles from their skin. It will also help you bond with your dog. Since they have sensitive skin, we recommend you to brush them with soft bristles. It prevents their skin from being irritated.
- Bath them at least once a month
- Check their ears regularly: check regularly for any kind of ear infection.
20. Bluenose pitbull need a diet heavy in protein.
They need a diet that is heavy in protein.
You should feed them chicken, turkey and beef.
Meat keeps their bone strong and keeps them active.
Further, to provide them enough vitamins and nutrients, try adding fruits and vegetables to their diet.
21. Bluenose pitbulls can grow up to (21 inches) tall.
Male Pitbulls grow up to 21 inches tall and a female pitbull up to 19-20 inches.
However, when they are mixed with larger breeds they can get quite taller.
22. Some breeder claim that they are unique breeds.
They are not a unique breed. They are separated from the american pitbull terrier.
The only difference you’ll find in between them and other American pitbull terriers is their nose color.
23. There are genetic condition that affects them.
Breeders often breed two closely related dogs to get the desired traits. In such a process, many issues affect the offspring.
So, some bluenose pitbull terriers are more prone to such issues.
24. They play with toys.
Bale nose Pitbulls love to play with toys. There are some specific tots available in the market for dogs.
They have a powerful jaw that is capable of reducing flimsy toys to smaller pieces.
25. They may or may not be gray.
A blue nose itself is a rare trait in pitbulls. However, another common trait in the blue nose outbuils are the presence of a gray or a silver coat.
The gray coloring in the coat is also a recessive genetic trait. Hence, the blue nose Pitbulls may or not happen to have a grey coat.
26. You can socialize a blue nose pitbull.
- Start slow
- Go for a walk– It is one of the best ways to help socialize your pitbull.
- Go to puppy classes- puppy classes will allow your pet to meet other dogs and learn how to stay with others.
- Award them for good behavior– it is important to reward your puppy for good behavior.
For more information, you can refer to this guide.
27. Bluenose pitbull are prone to some of these disease or health issues.
- Bad Immune System– Many blue nose pitbull owners complain that their dogs have a slow immune system. It often occurs due to genetic issues.
- Hip dysplasia– hip dysplasia is a common problem in all Pitbulls. This condition causes the hip bone to move out of its socket. It is very common in pit bulls.
- Heart disease.
- Cataract: Pitbulls are prone to cataracts. When they get older, cataract is most common.
What breed is a blue nose pitbull?
Blue nose pitbull isn’t any different breed of dogs.. It is due to a genetic trait, that pitbulls happen to have blue nose.
What is the cost of bluebose pitbulls?
One blue nose pitbull costs around $1000 to $3000.
How can you tell if a pitbull is a blue nose?
A blue nose pitbull is going to have a light black pr grayish color nose.
Are blue nose pitbull easy to train?
Yep, blue nose pitbulls are easier to train.
Are bluenose pitbull more aggressive?
We don’t think that blue nose pitbulls are very aggressive. They are friendly, loyal, protective of owners and highly intelligent beings. They are just like any other pitbull out there.